Educational Social Networking and K-12 Educational Technology

Educational Social Networking and K-12 Educational Technology

Friday, April 12, 2013

It's MOOC time

It's Friday here and the beginning of another round of blogs for educational purposes. This blog was initially set up a couple of years ago for the purposes of my graduate studies in curriculum and instruction. It was a then and it is now a wonderful way to document my learning experiences. I've sporadically used it to continue gathering all things in the field of educational technology. I've linked the other sties I use to do this as well. And from time to time, I have used it to let off some steam. Today's post will be brief, answering the following questions: Where are you from? I am first generation American. My parents are from Colombia. I was born in New York, NY but spent many years in the San Francisco Bay Area. I currently live in Albuquerque, NM. What's your background? What is your native language? What others do you speak? My native language is Spanish, though I am fluent in both Spanish and English. What language(s) do you teach? I teach Spanish at the high school level. Where do you teach? I teach at an independent school, Sandia Preparatory School, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. What do you hope to get out of LTMOOC? I'm looking to experience the MOOC as a student and evaluate its potential at the secondary level. What hobbies or activities do you like to do? I enjoy travelling as well as working in our garden. My background is in History, Secondary Education, Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis on technology. Looking forward to this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment